Forum du TViX Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
refore, the elimination of the expenditure results into huge

Répondre au sujet    Forum du TViX Index du Forum » Forum du TViX » RESEAU Sujet précédent
Sujet suivant
refore, the elimination of the expenditure results into huge
Auteur Message
liyifeng123

Message refore, the elimination of the expenditure results into huge Répondre en citant
ADDIS ABABA Nike Epic React Flyknit White Womens , Sept. 19 (Xinhua) -- Ethiopia on Monday revealed plan to benefit some 250,000 urban dwellers through the urban safety net program during the recently commenced Ethiopian 2017-2018 fiscal year.

Revealing the East African country's plan to provide support for some 250,000 urban dwellers on Monday, Menen Meles, official at the Ethiopian Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency, indicated that Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa are among the 11 Ethiopian cities covered in the safety net program.

The program, launched in the second half of the last Ethiopian fiscal year, envisaged to support the urban poor, who are facing challenges of chronic food insecurity, towards self-sufficiency.

Evaluating the program's ongoing performance, the Ethiopian government has planned to expand the initiative to 972 towns in the coming ten years period, it was indicated.

The program has been commended by the Ethiopian government for achieving its targets and lifting thousands of economically deprived urban dwellers towards food-security.

The program, during the past six months of period, has benefited more than 189,000 urban poor, the Ethiopian News Agency (ENA) recently quoted the agency as saying.

According to the agency, some 159,000 beneficiaries were supported through job opportunities provided as part of the program, while more than 30,400 elderly and people with disability benefited from food supplies.

The 450 million U.S. dollars budgeted program, which invites beneficiaries to participate in various developmental activities including environmental rehabilitation and greenery, dry waste disposal, and urban agriculture, envisaged to benefit close to 605,000 urban poor people in three years.

China marks 86th anniversary of "September 18 Incident"

Panama's president, Chinese FM inaugurate Chinese embassy in Panama City

Interview: China's B&R Initiative positive to world -- Singaporean PM

Chinese embassy in France opens for first time in European Heritage Days

Special snacks displayed during 14th China-ASEAN Expo

Scenery of paddy fields in Baicheng, NE China's Jilin

China Focus: World's oldest panda dies aged 37

Scenery of terraced fields at Wuyishan in SE China's Fujian

by Bedah Mengo

NAIROBI, Aug. 29 (Xinhua) -- Supermarkets and other retailoutlets in Kenya are among the biggest beneficiaries of a ban onplastic bags, which took effect on Monday.

The outlets, which are in their hundreds in the East Africannation, are currently selling to their customers the alternativesto plastic bags that include canvas bags creating a new revenuestream.

Before the ban, the shops would pack the goods bought byshoppers in plastic bags of various sizes for free.

But the new era has come with lots of blessing, with each outletselling the shopping bags from 0.05 U.S. dollars for the light bagsto 0.50 dollars for the heavy canvas bags.

And with hundreds of customers thronging into the retail outletsevery day, the canvas bags are becoming a cash cow for theshops.

"We are providing customers with eco-reusable bags for 0.05dollars for small bags and 0.10 dollars for large bags. But weencourage you to come with your kiondos and baskets. Feel free toreturn with your reusable bags," Tuskys, one of the biggestsupermarket in Kenya informed customers via SMS on Monday.

The same message was pasted at the entrance of all its branchesacross the capital Nairobi and other parts of the country.

A visit to three branches of the retail outlet in Nairobi,however, indicated that most of their customers were not bringingalong reusable bags. Instead, they were shopping and buying thereusable bags as the supermarket made a killing.

A similar scenario was replicated at branches of Naivassupermarkets where customers were encouraged to come with theirshopping bags but a majority bought the recycled bags from theoutlet.

At a branch of Nakumatt supermarket, their larger branded canvasbags were going for up to 0.50 dollars, an indication of howlucrative the business was.

While customers were similarly asked to bring along theirshopping bags, many of them shopped and paid for the canvasbags.

"I have no choice but to buy the canvas bags," said Moses Mutua,a shopper at a branch of Tuskys supermarket along Moi Avenue.

"If you tell men to bring along their shopping bags, that ispractically impossible because I cannot walk around with it in mycoat pocket waiting to shop. For women it is easier because theywould carry them in their bags."

Mutua bought several items that filled two canvas bags spending0.20 dollars on the bags, money that initially he would have savedif plastic bags were still in use.

"Supermarkets should consider giving to customers these shoppingbags for free because I do not believe if their cost is higher thanthat of plastic bags. It seems like they are taking advantage ofthe new regime to make money," he said.

As consumers feel the pinch, retailers noted the canvas bagswould help them save costs that arose from provision of plasticbags.

According to Retail Trade Association of Kenya, the budget onplastic bags constituted up to 2 percent of retailers cost bases,therefore, the elimination of the expenditure results into hugesavings for that outlets some that have annual turnover of up to583 million dollars.

As supermarkets cash in, shoppers talked to, however, said theywould work to eliminate the extra charges by carrying their ownbags to retail outlets.

"I love shopping, which I do every day because I get all myshopping including groceries from the supermarket. I cannot bebuying the bags every time I go there which would be expensive. Iwould now have to carry my own every time I go shopping," saidSusan Muhanga, an insurance agent.

Environmental organizations have praised the ban on plastic bagswh. Wholesale Jerseys From China   Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping   Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Free Shipping   Wholesale NBA Jerseys Online   Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping   Cheap NCAA Jerseys   Wholesale Jerseys From China   Cheap Soccer Jerseys Free Shipping   Cheap NBA Jerseys   Wholesale Jerseys 

Lun 13 Aoû - 09:21 (2018)
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Lun 13 Aoû - 09:21 (2018)
Répondre au sujet    Forum du TViX Index du Forum » Forum du TViX » RESEAU Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation